United Airlines' passenger flew to the bird immediately after taking off, causing the engine to burn and the plane had to turn.

Federal Aviation Aviation Air spokesman (FAA) said that United Airlines flight number 1930 departed from O'Hare International Airport, Chicago City, Illinois on October 14 and had a problem with birds.


Photo: USA News

Data from the Flight tracking website shows the aircraft take off at 10:47 and return to O'Hare Airport 42 minutes later.

I looked out the aircraft window and saw a fire on fire.

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window.

End of dialog window.

Kimberly Fock, who accompanied her husband on the flight, said that she felt something was wrong because the fire constantly came from the engine under the wings of the plane and felt like the plane was shocked.

We could hear the engine's explosion and see the fire because sitting right next to the window overlooking the aircraft wings.

The pilot announced the aircraft hit the bird after the plane landed.

Chris McCullough witnesses living in the south of the airport also witnessed the engine fire.

United Airlines confirmed that the aircraft landed safely after the incident, but did not provide detailed information about the damage to the aircraft.

Fire from the United Airlines aircraft engine on October 14.

According to the FAA, the US recorded more than 17,000 plane crashes at 753 airports across the country in 2019. The engine is the most frequent part of passenger aircraft in such incidents.

The FAA said the incident of the bumps of birds increased from about 1,800 cases in 1990 to 16,000 cases in 2018, due to more and more flights, faster and quieter.

In 2009, Captain Chesley B. Sully Sullenberger III landed flight 1549 of US Airways on the Hudson River, New York after the engine was broken because of the bird's crash.

Spirit Airlines aircraft were forced to stop taking off and evacuated passengers after the engine burned because of the bird.

The E-6B Mercury crashed the bird when landing at the base at Maryland on October 2, causing at least $ 2 million damage.